Tuesday 10 March 2009

Shak and Zyleen: knocked on the door of my blog!

I was in the library, looking through my facebook profile for comments, checking my email inbox, and fixing my blog during my free period at university (I wasn't doing all those things simultaneously, it just sounds like that).

I carried on looking through my inbox. Happily awaiting to be opened, was an email from Zyleen! It was fantastic to see that she had replied, and generously, she gave some good tips with her personal experience on starting a career in radio!

Here's her personal advice:

"My advice is to get some experience first, I started at a community radio station and practiced there. Then I made a demo using the stations equipment. You should have a look and see if there are any community radio stations in your area that you can get involved in.

Think about what goes into a link (when a presenter talks in between songs). There should be a beginning – where you introduce yourself and the station. Perhaps the time and date. The middle – that is the bulk, what are you talking about? An artist, some gossip, or maybe something funny that has happened to you recently. Then there is an end – you might mention songs to come up and any other useful stuff".

Is that helpful or what! I was so chuffed, I instantly replied to her email! As if things couldn't get any better... I had stumbled across a comment on my blog by Shak, another one of my favourite Club Asia presenters.

Shak was saying that I have the potential to become a radio presenter... and also that he is going to talk about my blog in his show Club Asia Breakfast, that is wicked!

My blog has been recognised by the Club Asia presenters, what more can I ask for?

Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment