Wednesday 4 March 2009

Opening statement of a show: How does a DJ begin?

For some time now, I was thinking about how to begin my own show. As I'm trying to become a Radio DJ professionally, I started to look at the way presenters begin their show. I decided to have a look at different radiostations, in order to get a wide range of ideas on how to start my show.

But before doing that, I don't need to go far because my favourite radiostation Club Asia had a handful of presenters to get some good ideas from!
Here is an example of a DJ showing his style:

"Hey, this is your man, Mr Kay. And you are listening to London's hit asian station Club Asia"

Quite short, isn't it? It's almost like he summed himself up into a sentence, now that can't be too difficult, right?

WRONG!

As I later discovered, putting myself into a sentence wasn't quite that simple...

I'll let you on to a little secret... I have a nickname at home, its Pinky (please don't ask how I got it, and PLEASE don't assume that I love the colour pink, actually I like the colour blue)

"Hey, this is your girl Pinkz. And you are listening to London's hit asian station Club Asia"

Or what about this one?

"You are listening to London's hit asian station Club Asia. And DJ Pinkz is in the house!"

Maybe this...

"Welcome to London's hit asian station Club Asia. DJ Pinkz on the show!"

What do you think? I don't think its great but its a start. I'll keep you entertained by a few more ideas in the future...

Watch this space :)

Below: Myself


No comments:

Post a Comment