Sunday 1 March 2009

A DJ's voice and personality: important?


I want to work as a radio DJ in the future so this relates to me alot. I'm in the process of finding out what it takes to be a DJ!

From the DJ's I like listening to, I made some notes about how a radio DJ should present and what more they can offer to their listeners:
  1. To have a clear and concise voice

  2. The listener must be able to hear the t's and n's (do not sound slurred)

  3. Make your voice exciting and interesting (sound young, fresh and like someone you can relate to)

  4. Play songs which people enjoy listening to! ( for example Club Asia have the iRadio and also you can request songs via texts, calling in or email)

  5. Create a blog, so that the listeners can get to know you (the DJ) as a person, and vice versa :) there is a personal feeling between you and the people that listen to you every day

  6. Enjoy presenting your show! Must be a happy and cheerful person, in order to engage the listeners :)
There it is! My list of 6 things that a DJ presenter must have or do in order to make people listen to them. I was planning to start making my own show or record a clip of my voice and post it :) There's nothing like good old practise on being a DJ!

I'll keep you all posted :) watch this space.


Below: Myself :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Pinkz!

    Firstly, I'm gonna apologise for completely stealing your blog addy & everything... I saw you on Zy's wall and decided to check out your blog! ;-)

    I have to say, you're absolutely fascinating. Your attention to detail is brilliant and already, you've got a huge amount going for you. If you wanna be a radio presenter, do it - I did! Your blogs are actually quite inspirational and if it's OK by you, I might mention them on the show later this week. Also... later this week, I'm gonna talk about work experience with Club Asia.

    Keep up the excellent, interesting blogs!

    Love from Shak, The Badshah of Nashta. x

    ReplyDelete