Friday 6 March 2009

A blessing was sent: in the form of an email!

Remember, how I was doing some practise on how to start my own presenting?

Well, I was running around in circles, trying to get some sort of idea and suddenly...bham!

No, I didn't bump into a wall... actually I was looking through my university blackboard, scrolling through some assessment details, when I saw the email address of my tutor!

So, what happened next? I was emailing one particular tutor, because she is a helpful person in every way.

Hold on, I didn't tell you my problem though, did I?

REWIND: I received an email from Club Asia, the head of programming, because I was trying my luck to see if I could become a presenter for them, as they were looking for some new talent. So the person in charge, told me to send a demo disc so that they could hear my voice...

BIG PROBLEM!

Because, I didn't know what a demo disc was, to add to that, I had no idea how to record one! AND on top of that, I hadn't the faintest clue of what to say in the disc!

But help was at hand (or more literally my keyboard) because I emailed my tutor and then she gave me some great tips on what to say in my demo disc... Here's the list of three things:

  1. Choose a topic which you LOVE to talk about
  2. Speak for only ONE minute (do not babble)

  3. And finally PROJECT your voice!
She emphasized on the word PROJECT a lot, because she had the misconception that I had a tiny voice (which I do not, I can be loud at times)

So begins my journey, of choosing a topic, speaking for a minute (quite difficult but not impossible) and projecting my voice! I'll post a clip of my voice soon, and you can decide if I have a tiny voice :)

Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment